Hallett Cove is a Reception to Year12 School and operates at three levels of schooling (Junior/Middle/Senior). The Junior School covers years Reception to Year 6 (ages 5 to 11/12 western age). The Middle School covers Years 7 to 9 (ages 12 to 14/15 western age) and the Senior School covers Years 10 to 12 (ages 15 to 18 western age). All levels of schooling are located on the same campus which suits families with children at different ages.
Hallett Cove School offers six programs that cater for Primary/High school International students, leaders and teachers. These programs aim to give the participants opportunities to improve English speaking skills, achieve future ambitions and experience living and studying in an English speaking school in South Australia. Look at our programs and then click the blue link below to "enrol at Hallett Cove School".
Also the school will supply your internet device
- you can not access our network with your own laptop/device
- go to the link below to find out more
- download the forms & information
- bring the signed forms to school on your first day and give to Belinda
1. High School Graduate Program
If you are 13 years (western age) of age or older and want to study for longer than one year, then the High School Graduate Program is for you! Experience living and studying alongside Australian Hallett Cove school students, pursue your individual academic interests and ambitions, gain a world class education and graduate from Hallett Cove school with new skills, confidence and friends. We offer intensive English support, as well as an after school English Club to help improve your English language proficiency. Both of these programs which focus on English improvement are supplied at no additonal cost. All students will be supplied with a Chromebook (at no extra cost) so that Google classrooms can be used in class and at home.
2. High School Study Abroad Program
Allows you to study for 1, 2, 3 or a maximum of 4 terms (one year) at Hallett Cove School. Must be 13 -18 years old. If you are younger you need to be with your parent/s or a nominated relative to attend Hallett Cove School. You may have the opportunity to try a new subject of interest, enrol in special interest programs (Volleyball, Soccer, Music, Marine Biology, Outdoor Education, STEM etc) and participate in exciting school-based activities such as Creative Arts productions, music bands, weekly sports and other activities. Study abroad students can also enrol in Monday morning surfing lessons in Term 1 (Feb/March/April) & Term 4 (Nov/Dec). There is a lesson cost to the student (which includes all the equipment) and the school provides the transport to and from the local surf beaches. You can commence your studies at the beginning of any school term or join the mid-term intake. You will be living and studying alongside other Australian Hallett Cove students and all students in this program will be supplied with a Chromebook to support the use of Google classrooms both at school and at home. You can also enrol at our school for less than 10 weeks if you want to sample Australian cultural and Hallett Cove School life.
3. Primary School Program
If you are between 5 and 12 years of age and want to study longer than one year at an Australian school, then this program is for you. Enrolments start at any point from Reception to Year 7. You will learn English, participate in the Australian Curriculum as well as other optional educational activities like Aquatics, whole school Arts performances, Soccer and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Maths) lessons. All Primary students will have access to a device (no additional cost) so that Google classroom and the Internet can be accessed.
4. Primary School Study Abroad Program
If you are aged between 5 and 12 (western age) and want to study for up to four terms, then this program provides a sample of Australian schooling and Aussie experiences. This is an opportunity to attend a school close to the beach, mix with students of all ages and try the Australian curriculum. There are optional activities like school Arts productions, STEM lessons, after school English club and Aquatics (snorkelling, canoeing, surfing etc.) All Primary school students will be supplied with a device (no extra cost) to allow access to Google Classroom and the Internet.
5. Student Group Study Tour
Are designed for groups of students and accompanying teachers wishing to improve English language skills, as well as experience Aussie lifestyle and the contrasting landscapes of South Australia. Study tours are short term programs and generally range from 1-6 weeks and are individualised to suit the needs of the group. (Study Tours with large number of students can be hosted across a number of South Australian government schools). To participate in a study tour, students must be 10 years of age or older. Study tours can include:
- English/ESL lessons
- Aussie School lessons - English, Maths, Science, Humanities, Arts, Technology, Health & Physical Education and Languages
- Special interest lessons e.g. Aboriginal Art, Australian sport, Australian cooking, Australian History & Geography, Aboriginal History, STEM, Aquatics, Marine Biology etc.
- Home stay accommodation - students stay with local Hallett Cove school families
- Excursions within South Australia e.g. State Museum, Central Market, Wildlife Park, Victor Harbour, Hahndorf, city Mall etc
For a quote on the cost of this Program contact International Education Service (see link below)
6. Work Shadowing for Teachers
A study tour for school leaders and teachers at Hallett Cove is designed for groups or individual teachers wishing to experience an Australian school which has both Primary and High School students on one campus. Recently the school has hosted teachers from Japan, Thailand, West Java, South Korea and China.
Teachers and leaders will:
- complete an Induction which includes a school tour and exploring the school vision and values etc
- meet members of the leadership team including the Principal, Mary Asikas, and explore their roles
- learn about the school's systems - assessment & reporting, finances, professional development, committees etc.
- learn about how the school uses data as part of continuous improvement
- learn about the Australian national curriculum and supporting digital resources
- learn about the Year 11 and 12 SACE Curriculum & other pathways students take to achiever Year 12 e.g. VET pathways
- learn about how Google classrooms supports improvement
- experience different year level classrooms of the visiting teacher's subject areas
- see many specialist facilities and classes e.g. STEM facilities, Volleyball, Marine Biology lab, photography etc
- all teachers will get an individualised timetable to suit their curriculum needs and interests.
- the school does NOT provide wifi at this point in time
Highlighted events within a school year for
International students, leaders and teachers
The school year always starts with a half day induction for all new students & teachers
Surfing lessons run in Terms 1 & 4
At the start of term 1 we also host teacher study tours
Sports Day is always at the end of March - make sure you know your team colour!
In term 1 the student study tours commence