The Hallett Cove School Soccer Program for boys and girls from Year 8 onwards
The Soccer Program will be delivered as part of the Australian Curriculum as part of your child’s normal HPE lessons. Students with a personal interest for Soccer will be applying their passion through the Australian Curriculum in their HPE lessons, delivered through a Soccer context.
The Soccer Program will be a mixed gender program so both boys and girls have the opportunity to pursue their interest in the sport. The school will compete in a variety of Interschool Competitions. The school will expose students to boys’ Soccer pathways (state and national) and girls’ Soccer pathways (state and national)
This program will be planned with rigor including:
- training/accreditation opportunities
- a career path component in the Sports Industry eg sports trainee, sport & recreation
- strong community links with - Cove Soccer Club and FFSA (Football Federation South Australia) - coaches in the school, promote HCS in the sport club, finding community coaching opportunities.
For the Year 8 and 9 students, the course is designed to prepare the player with the knowledge and competency of the technical fundamentals of the game of Soccer. It offers both boys and girls an opportunity to pursue a comprehensive study of Soccer by imparting a high level of expertise in theoretical knowledge, technique and skills, fitness and game awareness.
As student’s progress through the program into the senior school they will have exposure to the following opportunities:
- A high level of technical, physical, social and psychological player development
- Specialist coaching from FFSA
- A practical link to a career or part time employment pathway to the Sport and Recreation Industry (VET units) and the attainment of associated certificates and accreditation
- Specific practical strategies to support leadership roles such as player, coach, referee, administrator, trainer or mentor in the school system or the community
Like any other focus subjects it will have a fee. The fee (approximately $29/0) will cover items such as soccer uniform (shorts and top) and association accreditation fees including coaching and refereeing courses.
Trials for students seeking to gain a place in the 2018 Soccer Program will be conducted towards the end of Term 3 at Hallett Cove School.
For further information contact Sandy Roach (R-12 SSO Sports Coordinator) on 83921020. Alternatively email Sandy Roach on firstname.lastname@example.org.