senior schoolVocational Education and Training
Vocational Education and Training (VET) enables students to acquire skills and knowledge for work through a nationally recognised industry-developed training package or accredited course. VET is delivered, assessed, and certified by Registered Training Organisations (RTOs).
Undertaking VET may benefit students’ exploration of a variety of career pathways; it is not just reserved for a pathway within the trades (e.g. plumbing, automotive and construction). Students can complete VET qualifications in a diverse range of industries, including business administration, veterinary nursing, aged care or sport and recreation.
VET is an excellent choice of study for many students. It always includes practical, hands-on learning, and it can lead to excellent jobs in many fields. Studying VET as part of the SACE gives students a head start on a qualification, which is a great way to fast-track progress towards a rewarding career, while also developing independence and time-management skills.
VET AT HALLETT COVE SCHOOL
Our school is part of the Southern Adelaide and Fleurieu Secondary School Alliance (SAFSSA) consortium of schools that provides access to a range of vocational courses across the region. These include Industry Skills Programs hosted by local schools working with the local community and industry. Details of SAFSSA courses can be found at the links below.
HALLETT COVE SCHOOL VET PROGRAMMES:
- Provide Structured Workplace Learning that is an integral part of the VET courses where student demonstrate skills learned on the job in the workplace.
- Work collaboratively with private Registered Training Organisations, SAFSSA and industry associations to meet the needs of the students.
- Ensure VET programs are accredited as part of the SACE.
- Link students with flexible learning programs where needed.
- Support students through the Training Guarantee for SACE Students (TGSS) counselling and application process.
- Incorporate career development skills, knowledge and understandings in the Pastoral Care Program, Personal Learning Plan and subjects across the curriculum.
- Teach core skills for learning and work (literacy, numeracy and employability skills).
Vocational Education is constantly being reviewed and expanded to meet the needs of students at Hallett Cove School.
How Sace & VET Works
An introduction to how SACE and VET can work together
Explore the VET offerings in the Southern Adelaide & Fleurieu Secondary School Alliance
Understanding VET @ HCS
How does VET work? What are the options? All this and more, explained in the video.
Year 11 Overview Video
An intoduction to Year 11
Certificate II in Electrotechnology
An overview of Certificate II in Electrotechnology @ HCS
Year 12 Overview Video
An intoduction to Year 12
Certificate II in Plumbing
Overview of Certificate II in Plumbing @ HCS
VET HCS Handbook
An overview of our year VET subject structure ~ straight from the curriculum handbook
Certificate III in Early Childhood and Care
Government training for growth areas of the South Australian Economy